Iditasport® ACE Poker Run
Friday, March 6, 2020
Adults $25, Children $10
Ship Creek & Chester Creek
Bike, Ski, or Run your way to healthy living in this fun, family event!
This is not a race! The Iditasport Anchorage Creekside Express (ACE) is a fun event for the entire family that promotes heath, wellness, and the Alaskan lifestyle. Bikers, skiers, and runners will collect cards along their respective routes to form their poker hands. Prizes will be awarded to participants with the highest hands. (Participants 13 and older playing five card stud, and those 12 and younger will play Go Fish (highest pair wins, Aces are high). Costumes and traditional Alaskan garb are encouraged.
- Grand prize Jim Kissell 776
- First bike Lee Fisher 169
- First ski Sara Kleehammer 770
- Second ski Derek Kleehammer 771
- Second run Eowyn Pedicini 781
- Second bike Christopher Stefanovich 170
- Third ski Ann Thompson 774
- Third run Denise Lutton 772
- Third bike Kristine Shappel 161
- First Child Erik Wagner 752
- Second Child Frank Georgeson 762
- Third Child Daniel Vasquez 157
- Sara and Derek Kleehammer 770 and 771
At the starting point, participants will receive their first card and bib. Checkpoints will be set up along each course for participants to “draw” cards with their final cards being drawn at the respective finish lines. Cards will be sealed in an envelope, and are to be opened by finish line personnel only. Cards will not be accepted if the envelope has been tampered with or opened.
At the finish, Iditasport volunteers will open the participants cards and their hands will be determined from their cards. Their hand will be recorded on a scorecard, and scorecards will be signed by the participant.
The bicycle poker run will begin at Tyson Elementary and follow the Ship Creek Trail to downtown Anchorage, ending near 185 W. Ship Creek Avenue. Three checkpoints will be set up along the route for participants to draw cards. Ski and Run poker runs will start near Mulcahy Stadium/Ben Boeke Arena.
The ski poker run will travel Westward on Chester Creek Trail to Westchester Lagoon where participants will turn around and follow the same course back to finish at Mulcahy Stadium/Ben Boeke Arena. One checkpoint will be set up along the trail and a second checkpoint at the Westchester turnaround point.
The running poker run will follow the Chester Creek Trail Eastward to Davenport Fields where participants will turn around and follow the same course to finish at Mulcahy Stadium/Ben Boeke Arena. One checkpoint will be set up along the trail and a second at the turnaround point. Racers will carry their cards with them and turn them in at the finish line.
At the finish, Iditasport volunteers will open the participants cards and their hands will be determined from their cards. Hand will be recorded on a scorecard, and scorecards will be signed by the participant. Children 12 and under will play Go Fish (highest pair wins, Aces are high).
Children 17 and under MUST be accompanied by a playing adult.
II) Rules (Subject to change)
1. Have Fun!
2. No littering.
3. Race check in begins at 4pm. Event start is at 5pm. Late start is allowed until 6pm
4. Participants must carry their unopened playing cards to be checked at the event finish.
5. Participants 13 and older will play 5 card stud using hand rankings from https://www.wsop.com/poker-hands/ .
6. Participants 12 and younger will play Go Fish. The highest pair of cards wins.
7. Participants will draw one card, which will be sealed in an envelope, at the start, all checkpoints, and the finish points to gather a total of 5 cards maximum. Once drawn, they must carry their cards with them to be recorded on their scorecard by a finish line volunteer. Envelopes that have been opened or tampered with may result in participant disqualification.
8. No duplicate cards are allowed in a hand. i.e. If a participant draws a 5 of clubs but already has the 5 of clubs listed on their scorecard, they must then draw a new card. This process will repeat until that participant draws a card that they have not drawn previously.
9. Scorecards must be turned in to finish line personal by 7 pm for scoring and tabulation of winners.
10. All Ties will be settled by the drawing of a single card by event officials on behalf of the participant, with the highest card drawn winning. (Aces are high)
11. Entry fees are nonrefundable. Ski participants can transfer to bike or run categories if ski event is cancelled due to lack of snow.
III) Prize structure
a) Poker Players
· The three highest hands in each division, ski, bike, or run, will receive a prize with the grand prize going to the highest hand overall.
b) Go Fish Players
· The three highest hands overall will each receive a prize.
c) All Participants
· Jokers are wild! If a participant draws a joker, they will receive a prize.
· Best dressed participant will receive a prize
Prizes Include a NEW Fat Tire Bike, courtesy The Bicycle Shop!