Miners & Trappers Presents Pardi-Gras "Let's Light Up the Night"
Saturday, March 2, 2019
A Rondy Tradition
The Miners & Trappers are proud to celebrate the 68th Anniversary of furry faces, magnificent mustaches and more by presenting the Pardi-Gras "Let's Light Up the Night!" Bring your world class beard and extremely tolerant other half to compete in the “Mr. Fur Face Contest,” the Alaska State Championship Beard and Moustache Competition.
As an area Lions Club fundraiser, the Miners and Trappers Ball has raised several million dollars for local charities. Costumes not required, but do make the ball a very memorable experience.
Doors open at 5:30pm. Must be 21 and older to attend.
Mr. Fur Face Contest Categories (starts at 7:00pm)
- Brown Bear - Brown Beards only
- Black Bear - Black Beards only
- Honey Bear - Blond Beards only
- Red Fox - Red Beards only
- Polar Bear - White Beards only
- Polecat - Mixture of Color
- Wolf - Most suave - any color
- Mountain Goat - Any color or length—nose to chin, no connecting sideburns
- Ptarmigan - Strictly for the birds! Anything goes, even decorated!
- Soup Strainer - Moustaches only
- Walrus - Moustache with hair below the upper lip, MAY have connecting sideburns. NO CHIN HAIR.
- Pyrite Pioneers - a real Fake Fur Face. Style your very own fake beard available for sale ($5)
- Alaskan Whaler - Beards without moustaches
- MR. FUR FACE - Trophy, hugs, and kisses for the "BEST" BEARD OVERALL!
Costume Contest Categories (starts at 9:00pm)
- Storybook Land - Based on books, legends, myths & nursery rhymes
- Media Makers - Depicting political events, news & fads of the last 10 years
- Gold Rush & Period Costumes - Depicting events of the Alaska Gold Rush era or anything from caveman to spaceman
- Camera Crazy - Depicting persons & aspects of movies, TV shows & commercials
- Anything Goes - If you don't fit any of the other categories, this is where you belong!
- Theme of the Ball - Depicting the theme of this year's ball
- GRAND PRIZE - Selected from all Category Winners