Frostbite Footrace & Costume Fun Run
Saturday, February 28, 2021
$10/child - $150/team
5th Ave and F St
5K or 2.5K Fun Run, there’s a time and pace for everyone.
Don a costume. Dust off those running shoes
Rain or snow, sunshine or clouds, hardy Alaskans get out of bed early on the first Saturday of Rondy to participate in this annual favorite. The Frostbite Footrace offers two opportunities for fun: The Frostbite Footrace 5K and the 2.5K Fun Run, open to all ages and athletic abilities.
The route begins at the Fifth Avenue Skywalk (between the Egan Center and the Performing Arts Center) and finishes at Sixth Avenue and H Street. Footrace (5K) is 2 laps of the course; Fun Run (2.5) is 1 lap of the course.
Timing and results will be processed by Skinny Raven Sports.
An awards presentation will be held at the Glacier BrewHouse shortly after the race. Awards will be presented to overall finishers in the Fun Run and to the top three male and female finishers in 13 age categories in the 5K race.
Bib and T-shirt pickups and Late Registrations are available at:
Glacier BrewHouse (737 W. 5th Ave, Suite 110)
Thursday, February 27th, 3:30pm-7:00pm
Skinny Raven Sports (800 H Street)
Friday, February 28th, 4:30pm-6:30pm
RACE DAY! Saturday, February 29th, 7:30am-9:00am
Medals for 2019 are available for pickup at the Rondy Shop!
2019 Costume Contest Results
- 1st: Squid
- 2nd: Maui Gold Pineapple
- 3rd: Coconuts
- Honorable Mention: Hawaiian Ja-Jas
- 1st: Wild About Anchorage
- 2nd (Tie): Run First. Beer Later & Post Holiday Blues Brothers
- 3rd (Tie): Deer and Snowman & Penguins/The Waddlers
- Honorable Mention (Tie): All Star Unicorns & Mr Incredibles
- 1st: Ghostbusters Alaska Division
- 2nd: Ragnar & The Vikings
- 3rd: Flamingo Go-G-Go
- Honorable Mention: Hash House Harriers
- 1st: Once in a Blue Moose